Instant pot ultra vs Breville fast slow pro? Who’s winning the battle of the best? In this blog post, we are comparing Instant pot ultra and Breville fast slow pro side by side for you to find out which one comes out on the top.
Instant pot ultra and Breville fast slow pro are highly versatile and multifunctional electric pressure cookers. Both models feature high end construction and design so choosing either of the two would be slightly confusing and that’s what we are here for. Let’s begin with a detailed comparison table to see what’s different and what’s the same!
Instant Pot Ultra Vs Breville Fast Slow Pro Comparison Table
Feature Instant Pot Ultra Breville Fast Slow Pro
Dimensions 13x12.5x12.5 Inches 12.5x13.5x14 Inches
Material Stainless-steel / Plastic Stainless-steel / Plastic
Weight 11.83 lbs 14 lbs
Cooking Capacity 6 Quarts 6 Liters
Mode of Operation Automatic Automatic
Control Panel Turn & Press Dual Digital Display/ Dials
Cooking Functions 10 Cooking Functions: 6 Cooking Functions:
Pressure Cook, slow cook, sous vide, sauté pan, sterilizer, yogurt maker, food warmer, cake baker & steamer Pressure Cook, Slow cook, Steam, Sear, Saute & Reduce
Cooking Presets 16 Cooking Presets: 12 Settings:
Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Cake, Egg, Slow Cook, Saute/Searing, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Sterilize, Yogurt, Warm, Pressure Cook, & Ultra Vegetables, Rice, Risotto, Soup, Stock, Beans, Poultry, Meat, Bone-in-meat, Chili & Stew, Dessert, Custom and Preheating
Power 1000W 1100W
Recipe App Yes - 1900 Recipes No
Dishwasher Safe Yes Yes
Set of Accessories Steam Rack, Recipe Booklet, Serving spoon & soup spoon Stainless-steel Steamer, Stainless steel Rack, Recipe Book
Warranty One Year Limited Warranty One Year Limited Warranty
User Rating 4.7/5 Star (25.2K Reviews) 4.4/5 Star (890 Reviews)
Latest Deals Check Price Check Price
Difference Between Instant Pot Ultra Vs Breville Fast Slow Pro
Here is the summary of differences between Instant pot ultra vs Breville fast slow pro in case you are still confused.
- Instant pot ultra measures 12.5×12.5×13 inches while Breville fast slow pro measures 12.5×13.5×14 inches which is slightly bigger as you can tell.
- Breville fast slow pro weights 14 pounds in comparison to instant pot ultra that weighs about 12 pounds.
- Instant pot ultra has a big bright blue lcd display with turn and press dial to navigate through the setting while Breville fast slow pro has relatively smaller digital display but with 3 dials and 3 buttons to control the operation.
- IP Ultra packs 10 cooking functions whereas Breville fast slow pro offers only 6 cooking functions.
- IP Ultra features 16 handy cooking presets while Breville comes with 12 cooking settings.
- Instant Pot Ultra has a companion app with a huge stock of 1900 recipes while Breville Fast slow pro doesn’t have such app.
Key Features of Instant Pot Ultra
Instant pot ultra is the upgraded version of original instant pot with enhanced features and functionality to deliver exceptional cooking performance. No wonder, instant pot ultra is one of the best-selling electric pressure cookers on almost every store including Walmart, eBay and other. With highly functional design, intuitive controls and easy cleanup, instant pot ultra is a force to recon with.
- Here are the main features of Instant Pot Ultra that you might find useful to make your final purchasing decision.
- Large size blue digital display with clearly labeled programs and intuitive layout makes it eas to use for novice and pros alike.
- Instant pot ultra combines 10 cooking appliances into one sleek and modern cooking machine. It offers all the functions of other instant pot models except wireless connectivity.
- The ultra button is equivalent to that of Manual. It gives you the choice to manually set the time and temperature for precision cooking.
- The pressure cooker features 16 cooking presets to make cooking easy as it could be.
- In order to plan a meal in advance, delay timer would come in handy. Furthermore, if you don’t want to serve yet, keep warm setting will keep the meal warm until you are ready to serve.
- It’s hard to spend an hour in the kitchen after a long busy day at work. With 1000W of power, instant pot ‘ultra’ cooks faster than any of the rival and bargain electric pressure cooker.
- All the accessories and lid are dishwasher safe hence cleaning would be a breeze.
- In terms of dimensions, instant pot ultra is neither too large to accommodate nor to small. It is a perfect fit for medium size families with 4-5 members in it.
Key Features of Breville Fast Slow Pro
Breville is mainly known for coffee makers, blenders, toasters, kettles and microwaves however it does have its own electric pressure cookers lineup as well. Breville Fast slow pro is Breville’s attempt to venture into the ever-expanding pressure cooker market but in our opinion, it didn’t yield the results that company might be looking for.
Here are some of the key features of Breville Fast slow pro:
- Breville fast slow pro is mainly made of food grade stainless steel while the lid is made of durable BPA free plastic.
- Breville fast slow pro combines the functionality of 6 appliances so you can 6 Cooking Functions which are Pressure Cook, Slow cook, Steam, Sear, Saute & Reduce.
- Breville pressure cooker features 6 liters cooking capacity, enough for a family of 4 or 5 members.
- The pressure cooker has a digital display that clearly shows the settings to choose from. There are 4 dials to navigate through the settings, set the time and temperature for better results.
- Apart from 6 cooking functions, Breville fast slow pro comes with 12 pressure cook settings to choose from which makes it ultimate versatile cooking appliance to cook almost anything.
- Breville pressure cooker has incredible cooking power of 1100W which cooks meals in a snap. Also, it is dishwasher safe which makes cleaning easy than ever before.
- In terms of included accessories, you get stainless-steel steamer, stainless steel sack, and a recipe book.
Quick Overview of Instant Pot Ultra Pressure Cooker
The Good √
- One of the most reliable brands in the US
- Combines 10 appliances in one
- Easy to operate
- Multiple cooking presets
- Dishwasher safe
- Companion app with 1900 recipes
- Durable, will last for years
The Bad ×
- Sous Vide is not as good as a dedicated sous vide cooker
- Complaints about seal and pressure
Quick Overview of Breville Fast Slow Pro 6-in-1 Multicooker
The Good √
- 6 Cooking functions
- 12 Pressure cook settings
- Easy to use dial control
- Dishwasher safe
- Stay cool handles
- Looks nice on the countertop
The Bad ×
- Hinged lid required screw driver to remove and clean
- Very expensive in comparison to rival such as Instant pot
- Finicky gasket
Verdict: Instant Pot Ultra Vs Breville Fast Slow Pro
While instant pot ultra is a premium quality cooking appliance, Breville fast slow pro has failed to make an impact which is clearly evident that since its release it has managed to sell only a handful of units and received only 4.4 star rating.
On the contrary, Instant Pot ultra has 4.7/5 star rating with 94% satisfied customers all around the world. With that said, Instant pot ultra is available less than half of the price of Breville fast slow pro so why going for something super expensive when you can have something better in lesser price.
Its pretty clear, Instant pot ultra is better in every aspect (Design, features, functions, ease of use and price), hence we would go for IP Ultra over Breville fast slow pro. What would you choose and why? Let us know in the comment section below.